High-Quality Fences in Boonsboro, Maryland
Congratulations! You are taking the first step and researching different fence contractors and fencing options to complete your home. Knowing what to look for in a contractor and the type of fence you’d like are all-important to having a fantastic product. Fences can come in all sorts of styles and materials and provide security for your home. See why Albaugh & Sons is the fence contractor for you in Boonsboro, Maryland!
Albaugh & Sons
A fence contractor should provide excellent customer service and fence installation. Albaugh & Sons does both, and has become a household name in the Frederick area. When they began in 2003, they were originally a fencing company alone. Their deepest roots go back to encircling homes with the best and most beautiful security measure out there. Since then, they expanded to offer decking, painting, home remodeling, electrical services, snow removal, and more. They are dedicated to professionalism and doing an excellent job the first time, and can’t wait to help people with their contracting needs.
How to Choose a Fence
When it comes to fences, many different designs may serve different purposes. The best way to choose a fence is to ask yourself what purpose you would like it to serve. Also consider how much maintenance you would be willing to put into your fence for the long-term. These criteria will inform both the material and the style that are right for your property.
Fencing materials most often offer the following options.
- Wood: It is a classic material that is still highly popular with homeowners throughout Maryland. It is inexpensive, flexible for design, and natural. Cedar, pressure-treated pine, and other species can last for decades. However, it does require more maintenance.
- Vinyl: Newer to the market, this product has improved over the decades to provide a flexible fencing material that lasts for ages, has few maintenance needs, and comes in various colors to suit one’s property. Understandably, it is pricier than wood.
- Aluminum: For the toughest security, aluminum is the best choice. It does not give a yard privacy, but it does make a yard or swimming pool safe. Depending on the color, they can blend in beautifully with the landscape. Aluminum has little maintenance and costs the most.
Whether you look at the fence materials or styles first, one may help inform the other.
- Picket: This classic style comes in a range of variations and heights. It does not provide absolute privacy, but can give enough security to protect the land and corral kids and pets.
- Privacy: Vertical board and board-on-board are common privacy fence designs. They are perfect for blocking out a busy street or other neighbors’ yards from view.
- Split-rail: Split-rail fences mark the property lines with their fence posts connected only by two or three horizontal rows of railing. They are ideal for suburban or rural yards.
- Paddock: This type is a sturdier form of the split-rail fence, with boards connecting the posts rather than rails. As the name suggests, they make great horse fences.
CONTACT ALBAUGH & SONS FOR THE BEST BUILT FENCES IN BOONSBORO!
Our team at Albaugh & Sons is known for high-quality customer service, design, installation, and maintenance for all fences that we build. No matter what service we are performing, we always make sure it is done efficiently and with precision. Contact us today to get started your next backyard design!