Wood vs composite is one of the oldest debates in the home improvement industry. Do you choose the natural beauty of wood or do you go with the low maintenance of composite? For many, the choice comes down to two one thing: time. Few homeowners have the time or energy to properly maintain a wood deck year after year. So composite wins out.
The Benefits of Composite Decking
- Home Value: A new composite deck will help boost the value of your home. According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2015 Cost vs. Value report, composite decks carry an average return on investment (ROI) of 77% here in Frederick, Maryland.
- Maintenance: Composite decks are often referred to as low maintenance decks because they require very little attention. No sanding. No staining. Just the occasional wash.
- Total Cost of Ownership: While the installation price for composite is going to be more than wood, the total cost of ownership (actual cost over time) is very comparable. So don’t let that initial price tag scare you away from the decking material you really want.
- Curb Appeal: Composite decks look great. Period.
Just like wood, there are many different types of composite decking materials to choose from: AZEK, Trex, Timber Tech, and more. This week, we are going to focus on the benefits of Trex composite decks.
Trex: The World’s Largest Manufacturer of Composite Deck Products
Trex is the world’s #1 decking brand and the largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking products. When compared to other types of decking materials, Trex offers several benefits, including:
- Fade, stain, scratch and mold resistant
- Very low maintenance
- Incredibly durable
- And more!
Albaugh & Sons is proud to be a Trex Composite Deck Builder.
A Trex Composite Deck Builder in Maryland
Albaugh & Sons is a Home Improvement contractor located in Frederick, Maryland, specializing in fencing and decking. Our deck division builds custom decks using both natural hardwoods and maintenance free composite materials, such as Trex, Timber Tech, and Azek. We also handle deck maintenance, including pressure washing, water sealant application, and staining. In addition to making your deck look clean and inviting, these services also prolong the life of your deck.
Click Here for a FREE Estimate
If you are looking for a Trex Composite Deck Builder in Frederick, Maryland, you’ve come to the right place! Please contact Albaugh & Sons at 301-964-9379. We are based in Frederick, Maryland and service all of Frederick County and parts of Washington and Carroll counties.
You can also follow Albaugh & Sons on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and Pinterest.