Albaugh & Sons’ Fences in Gettysburg, PA
Building a fence involves several considerations, such as its purpose, material, style, and color. If you live in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, Albaugh & Sons can make the fence installation process easier for you with our fine selection of fence materials and styles and customer service. Albaugh & Sons builds beautiful fences in Gettysburg, PA, and can help you build a stunning fence for your commercial or residential property too.
Different Fence Materials
Popular fence materials are wood, composite, vinyl, aluminum, and steel. Here are the benefits of each:
- Wood: Wood is the only natural material available for fences in Gettysburg, PA. Common varieties include pressure-treated pine, cedar, redwood, and exotic species like ipe and tigerwood. They provide a beauty unmatched by other fence materials and are relatively cost-effective. However, be prepared to seal and repair the fence as necessary.
- Composite: A composite fence consists of wood fibers mixed with a plastic resin to create a strong, low-maintenance option. It can mimic the look of wood and comes in different neutral colors. Composite fences require minimal maintenance.
- Vinyl: Vinyl fences are sharp and stately and can go great with houses with vinyl accents. Vinyl is PVC plastic, a durable material that will not rot, splinter, or warp like wood will. Like composite, vinyl typically only requires occasional cleaning.
- Aluminum: An aluminum fence is optimal for security purposes. It does not offer privacy, but it does serve as a highly durable, low-maintenance option. Although aluminum fences often come in black, one can also see them in gold, green, silver, or brown.
- Steel: Steel is heavier than aluminum and provides more bulk for security. Chain-link fences are made of steel. No matter what style your steel fence is, it will provide long-lasting security with little maintenance needs.
Different Fence Styles
- Picket: The picket fence is easily recognizable as a classic fence style. It provides semi-privacy and comes in various heights and styles. This option is great if you are looking for moderate security.
- Privacy: A privacy fence naturally helps keep the public eye from your private property. It is ideal for yards next to busy streets or in close quarters with neighbors. Albaugh & Sons offers various privacy fence styles.
- Split rail: A split rail fence has fence posts connected by two or three rows of fence rails. It is ideal for suburban or rural properties.
- Paddock: A paddock fence is similar to a split rail fence, except that fence boards replace the rails. This option is standard for horse fences.
- Estate: An estate fence is similar to a paddock fence. It includes an X pattern on the upper half of each fence panel.
YOUR PREFERRED FENCE, DECK, AND HOME REMODELING COMPANY
Albaugh & Sons, LLC is known for high-quality customer service, design, installation, and maintenance. We are proud to offer all of our Adamstown, Buckeystown, Frederick, and Thurmont customers a finished product they are excited to show off. From picket fences to painting, we can help you with your home improvement project. Interested in learning more about our comprehensive range of home remodeling services? Contact us today! We look forward to giving you the home of your dreams.