As you may recall from our previous blog, “A New Deck can increase the Value of your Frederick County Home,” decking is one of the most rewarding home improvement projects a homeowner can undertake. According to Remodeling Magazine’s annual Cost vs. Value Report, the average return on investment (ROI) for such a project is 87%. Wow! Deciding to build a deck is the easy part. Choosing a material, however, can be quite the conundrum. Wood or composite? The good news: there is no right or wrong answer. The final decision comes down to several factors, not the least of which is your own personal preference.
We recently wrote about the benefits of composite decks, so we thought we’d switch gears and talk about wood decks a bit to help give you information about both decking materials. The more you know, you more confident you can be in your final decision. A well-informed purchase is a smart purchase.
Wood Deck Benefits
- While the low maintenance aspect of composite decking is nice, wood just has a traditional, natural look that cannot be replicated.
- Wood decks are extremely durable and will last a long time with just a little bit of annual maintenance.
- These decks boast excellent performance in extreme climates (hot / cold, wet / arid), making them perfect for the constantly changing Maryland climate.
- Wood decks can be easily changed to match your ever-changing style. Want something darker? Go with a darker shade of stain. Want to be bold? You could even paint your deck.
- Best of all, wood decking is much more affordable than you probably imagine!
- And More!
Wood Deck Installation in Frederick County
Albaugh& Sons specializes in Custom Deck Design throughout Frederick County. We have more than 10 years of experience in the deck-building field and can build decks using natural hardwoods or maintenance free composite decking. The choice is yours, but we are here to help you make the best decision for you, your home, and, most importantly, your budget. Your input and vision will steer us in the right direction. No matter which type of decking you choose, we guarantee all of our work, providing our clients a peace of mind that is second to none in the home improvement industry.
Contact Albaugh & Sons today for a FREE estimate.
If you have any questions about Wood Deck Installation, please contact Albaugh & Sons at 301-964-9379 or fill out the contact form found on our website. We are based in Frederick, Maryland and service all of Frederick County and parts of Washington and Carroll counties.